One of the favorite breakfast menus of my kids is- foolproof soft boiled eggs. Seriously they loved it & why not? I mean who doesn’t love the firm & the yummy runny warm yolk? But it’s not so easy, rather foolproof boiled eggs are the matter of pure science with regard to perfect timing, otherwise, it will get overcooked.
So I followed a secret that I learned from my mother since childhood & still now I hold this standard for my kids too. The secret is simple; never boil the eggs, just steam them under a resistant temperature. I prefer to use stream basket & the whole process gonna take hardly eight to nine minutes.
So hold & let’ start: how to do foolproof soft boiled eggs
Before jump to start, here are two crucial parts:
- Place your eggs rapidly into the pot with the cover
- Immediately set a clock.
It’s a good approach to adopt an advanced digital clock or set up a timer on your smartphone. Timing is crucial so make sure it is accurate. Not less or more.
Again, the size of the pot is also important. In the event that you are soft-boiling several numbers of eggs at the same time, increase the span of the pot so the eggs fit effectively and consider utilizing a steaming crate that you can load up with eggs and drop into the pot all the eggs swiftly. Additionally, make certain to utilize eggs that are taking from the fridge.
Menu Name: Foolproof soft boiled eggs
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Total Calories: 120 Kcal
- 4- 5 extra-large fridge cold eggs
- Cold Water
- Salt & Pepper (optional)
- Steamer Basket
- Fill the pot with water and put it over the stove.
- Turn the warmth to medium-high and convey the water to a full bubble.
- Put all the eggs into a steam basket & place it inside the pot, while the water is boiling.
- Now cover the pot and let them steam under a medium-high temperature for 6 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, the eggs turn into liquidy yolk and softy inside.
- Remember, timing is so important. So fix the timer for the next 6 minutes. If you cooked more, eggs will turn into hard boiling.
- When the clock rings, take off the stream and put all the eggs into the cold water. Let the eggs a cool bath for one to two minutes in icy cold water to pause the boiling.
- Now peel & serve the eggs with pepper and salt in the egg cups. If you don’t have, simply serve it in a plate.
These soft-boiled eggs are perfect for scooping gently from the shell and serving with buttered toast. Just toast and butter the bread while the eggs are boiling. Piece them into 1/2-inch-wide bits and serve.
Extra Tip: how to peel soft boiled eggs
Yet, sounds so silly but a trillion dollar question. There are numerous & creative methods to peel soft boiled eggs. Here is the one I always try to follow:
Peeling soft boiled eggs with a Spoon
- Tap the highest point of the egg softly with a traditional kitchen spoon
- Repeat the tapping few times around the shell of the egg until it cracks
- Now scoop out gently from the shell with the spoon.
Making foolproof soft boiled eggs may feel marginally trickier than hard-bubbled eggs, yet it’s a simple item can give you a fresh taste in the morning. Now you know how to make foolproof soft boiled eggs. If you want more recipe give me a mail.