Boneless skinless chicken breast is the most favorite part of chicken contains low but high protein and tastes very delicious. That is why it is known as the most popular cut in the poultry industry. However, we eat chicken breast constantly, but shockingly only a very few of us make it properly. Most of the case, people mistakenly cut the piece at uneven formed, which may lead to being either somewhat half-cooked or horribly overcooked.
That is why we are here. We are going to take you to the right track & hook you up with the perfect process about “how to pan frying boneless skinless chicken breast”. Although we can bake juicy chicken breast in oven & stove, we only focus on pan frying in this article.
So before we get rocking here’s something we will need,
- Two chicken breast (boneless & skinless)
- Cutting board
- Plastic paper
- Rolling pin or Meat Mallet
- Salt & pepper
- Iron cast frying pan
- Olive oil
- Infrared thermometer or cooking thermometer
How to pan frying boneless skinless chicken breast
- Take two pieces of organic chicken breast. Don’t take traditional big fatty hanker as it is full pumped of hormones. Besides, it is very hard to cook because it is too fat and jerky in shape. So if you don’t mind in spending little more money pick the organic one; it is easy to cook, contains lots more flavor & hasn’t been pumped full of hormones.
- So the second thing we are going to do is taking a cutting board & slice the soft part from the breast. So that it will cook more evenly. You can save the piece for later because it is absolutely juicy. But right now we only focus on pan-frying boneless chicken breast.
- Now we wrap the chicken breast with the layer of plastic paper. It will make it more manageable from overcooking.
- Grab a rolling pin and pound the plastic-wrapped chicken breast down & out. It will make the chicken breast thinner. It will ensure cook quicker & the only way you can make delicious boneless chicken breast without overcooking. Instead of using rolling pin meat mallet makes the work easier but I am guessing that most people don’t have it.
- Okay, our chicken breast is ready. Now, we need attention to the flavor department. Add a generous pinch of salt & pepper on both sides of the chicken. Trust me; it will make the taste more chickeny.
- Now it is time to ready your frying pan. When I cook chicken breast I always use cast iron. The non-stick frying pan is also good, but if you want the best crust of your chicken it is better to cook over an iron cast frying pan. Pre-heat the frying pan for 2 or 3 minutes under a medium heat before cooking. Make sure temperature is like 350°F.
- Now, drizzle two tablespoons of oil into the pan. You can use olive oil or avocado oil as you like. Here is no restriction. Once the oil goes into the pan, rotates the pan so that the oil can coat completely & keeps it for thirty seconds over the medium heat.
- Once the oil comes to gleam, put the chicken breast inside the pan. It will sizzle and start cooking instantly once you go on with the chicken breast.
- Don’t start poking as soon as the chicken breast goes inside the iron cast pan. It will ruin the sear off the chicken. So give at least four minutes. After that swap, the side of the chicken breast and wait three minutes again. We are gonna swap only once & when you see the golden brown crust; it means it is done.
- Now take it out from the pan and give a break for five minutes. In the meantime, the juices inside of the chicken will get dry. If we cut instantly, the juices will splits & gonna dry. So if you do not get cold just keep it rest for five minutes.
All right, juicy pan-frying boneless skinless chicken breast is already ready. Just slice it up & enjoy your meal.